Saturday, April 27, 2013

Cynthia Enloe reflection

I feel so lucky that we were able to have Cynthia Enloe all to ourselves. I really enjoyed her in and outside of class and found nearly everything she said to be inspiring. The way that she constantly asked questions and seemed genuinely interested in everything around her was incredible, and the way that she answered our questions in class was so thoughtful and thorough. I feel like I really gained a lot from our conversations.

Enloe's talk after class was really fascinating. I'm glad that she chose to talk about the Boston marathon. Her methodical rationality was incredible, especially when considering that she lives in Boston. The questions she asked were fascinating. The way she thinks and processes information seems extremely unique and I learned a lot about how to ask the right questions from her talk. Overall, I think she was my favorite speaker this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment