Sunday, April 21, 2013

Swati, Caron, and Elina--Sorry it took so long to post...Had technical problems!


I had a ton of fun! Besides the fact that I was able to leave work early and was fed extremely well all day I really enjoyed meeting the vastly different feminists. Swati, the angry and emotional feminist was brilliant, and contrasted against the clam nature of Elina the discussion was great! Balancing joy, anger, and real events I think is an art that has yet to be perfected. At dinner I learned about the world of academia and that the author of most my research is passive aggressive and her work considered mediocre at best. In other words, I have a lot of emailing to do! I enjoyed having multiple guests with varied view points, it made for a lively discussion. I spoke with Swati mainly about her work in Sri Lanka and she spoke to me largely about the LTTE. It was interesting to hear about her talks with LTTE female fighters and how their security was firmly rooted in the fact that they were the ones holding the guns. I spoke with Elina about the conference material that they had read and we laughed about it... I offered her the idea that possibly it was written for a wider and less informed audience. I wish I had been able to speak to Caron more. I am waiting for her paper on captors and novels such as Twilight and Fifty Shades of Gray!

Can we have them all come back? Also that restaurant was great! Now enjoy pictures! 




No comments:

Post a Comment